Alternative Solutions to Teeth Bonding
Teeth bonding otherwise known as dental bonding is a dental procedure aimed to fill in gaps, chips and breaks in your smile. Using a resin, a dentist will fill in the gaps in need of attention and will shape and colour it to match your surrounding teeth. Bonding is a cheaper alternative to crowns which can be expensive and requires the tooth to be sanded down. This means with bonding no surgical procedure is needed unless your tooth is decaying. As a non-invasive product, dental bonding with resin should not harm the natural health of your surrounding teeth.
Disadvantages of cosmetic bonding
Not Very Durable - Although the plastic used for teeth bonding is decent, it isn’t as durable as the materials used for veneers or crowns.
Don’t Last Long - The resin used in teeth bonding can last as little as 2 years which would mean repeated trips to the dentist and ongoing costs.
Easy to Stain - The materials used in the resin are very susceptible to becoming stained from various foods, drinks and other lifestyle choices such as smoking. Such food and drinks include tomato based products, tea, coffee and cigarettes.
Damages Easily - the resin used for bonding procedures is very susceptible to general wear and tear. As the material isn’t made for excessive, continued usage, many tooth bonds can become cracked, chipped or even dislodged which in turn could lead to some discomfort.
As you can imagine, teeth bonding can be a good short term fix to some dental abnormalities, however, it could be a fragile procedure as it’s not renowned for its durability or longevity. Also, as these bonds are fixed to the tooth, there is no way of taking them out if needed.
Cost of Tooth Bonding
Dental bonds are a cheaper alternative to some more hefty procedures such as crowns, however, they can still become fairly pricey. With the total price ranging from $94 - $284 per tooth, the procedure can become costly assuming that an updated procedure is needed every few years.
But what if you could have a quality product that you could take in and out easily, cover multiple gaps and chips and brighten your smile? Well, there is an answer.
The benefits of instasmile
instasmile is a personalized veneer made of dental grade materials and clips onto your existing teeth. Your natural teeth are not harmed and there is no dental procedure needed or surgeries involved.
- It’s an ideal alternative to dental bonding procedures as it effortlessly and instantly covers chips and cracks.
- Custom made & hand-finished for beautifully natural aesthetics
- Requires no surgical procedures or anesthetic, no shaving of enamel, and thus no damage to your own teeth.
- No dentist visits or having to squeeze in appointments, you simply take your own impression at home at a time that suits you to enable us to produce a perfectly bespoke, custom set of clip-on veneers.
- instasmile offers an additional solution that veneers can’t offer, by covering multiple missing teeth, broken teeth, and chipped teeth, whilst providing a whiter smile.
- All in one handy, removable solution - you can even pick your shade!
Are you ready for your affordable smile transformation with no surgery and no dentist visits? Click Get Started at the top of this page and see if you're suitable!