Affordable Solution for Amelogenesis Imperfecta
Amelogenesis imperfecta, or amelogenesis, is a condition that’s present from birth and affects the structure, appearance and health of the teeth. The disorder can mean teeth are unusually small, but it’s the effect on the enamel that is most noticeable due to the lack of proteins present. Teeth are visibly affected as the condition results in pitted, grooved and discoloured teeth which are prone to early tooth decay, tooth loss, and extreme wear / breakage.
Perhaps one of the biggest impacts amelogenesis has on a person is their confidence. The appearance of their smile can often leave people shying away from social occasions, covering their mouths when they laugh and generally keeping them from smiling to a minimum so as not to display their teeth.
How to treat amelogenesis imperfecta
Teeth whitening is not an option to improve the appearance of the teeth and treat discolouration, as there is little enamel present to whiten and the teeth are very sensitive. Using teeth whitening products may harm the affected tooth as there is no enamel to protect the tooth from the invasive and harmful chemicals.
There are however a number of more invasive / surgical dental treatment options available, depending on the type and severity of the condition.
Other factors surrounding amelogenesis imperfecta
Not only is the confidence and social life of an individual suffering from amelogenesis imperfecta affected, but other aspects of oral hygiene are at risk too. Due to the nature of the condition, the gums and teeth are far more susceptible to other conditions that can cause them to deteriorate.
To try and counter these further negative effects caused by amelogenesis, very structured and strict maintenance is required.
How can instasmile help you?
As our instasmile product is a non-invasive, non-surgical clip on veneer, it is the perfect alternative for someone suffering from any form of enamel depletion.
- Discolouration: With no vigorous teeth whitening options available, it may have seemed impossible to counter the discolouration caused by amelogenesis. But with instasmile, you can customize your veneer by selecting one of four shades. Making you one step closer to your dream smile. This shade can be changed up until the point that your custom veneer is manufactured, and doesn’t affect your natural teeth.
- Gaps: As amelogenesis causes the teeth to wear away, the tooth may look small and weak. This causes significant gaps to appear from teeth to teeth. Your instasmile veneer will fill in the gaps, providing you with a fuller and more complete smile.
Existing procedures: If you are worrying about your existing surgeries and if they can work with instasmile, you have nothing to worry about. Unless you have a fixed brace or going through teeth straightening procedures, you will be suitable for instasmile. We work around your existing teeth including dental bonds, implants, crowns and fillings to create your dream smile.
How instasmile Works
Save yourself regular trips to the dentist AND money with our non-surgical, all-in-one solution!
- Click the ‘Am I a candidate?’ button on the homepage
- We will ask you a few questions about your smile to see if you are suitable
- Choose from one of our four shades - we offer 0% payment plans if you want to spread the cost
- We will thaen send you over an impression kit for you to take your impression. You can book a video call with us to make sure you get this stage done correctly. If you would rather not book a video call, you will be able to watch a tutorial video with the link provided with your kit.
- Send your impression back to us so we can create your Perfect smile
- We will then: check, scan, design, manufacture and hand finish your product for beautifully naturally aesthetics
You don’t even have to leave the comfort of your home. Your smile will be delivered to you once the process is complete.