Alternative Solutions for Chipped Teeth
If a tooth is badly chipped and causing discomfort, it’s recommended that you see your dentist to ensure there are no major issues with your chipped tooth or teeth . However, more often than not it is the unsightly look of a chipped tooth that most people have the biggest problem with.
Generally chipped teeth are considered a purely cosmetic issue, as there is more damage to the way the tooth looks than to the tooth itself.
How to fix a chipped tooth
There are different cosmetic treatment options available depending on the severity of the chip. Chipped tooth repair options include:
Filling - only typically used on your side or back teeth, as opposed to your front teeth as it needs a hollow area to attach to.
Bonding - this can be used on a chipped front tooth or any visible teeth. The tooth is first lightly roughened using a special gel or liquid to prepare it. Then, a dental chemical adhesive is put on the tooth and a resin material applied. Its then shaped and set using a special UV light.
Dental crown - a 'cap’ shaped like a tooth is placed over the chipped tooth to cover it to improve its appearance. This will have to be done multiple times if you have lots of chipped teeth. Temporary crowns are made at your local dentist whereas permanent crowns are made in a dental lab first, before being applied by your dentist.
How much to fix a chipped tooth
As it is generally considered a purely cosmetic issue, its unlikely your insurance will cover any costs to fix a chipped tooth.
As a rough estimate, without insurance cover it can cost $250-$2,000 to repair a chip on a single tooth, depending on whether a crown, cap, veneer or extraction is required in order to repair it.
- Bonding - between $300 and $600 per tooth
- Partial Crown or Crown - between $800 and $1700 per tooth
- Dental veneers - between $950 and $2,500 per tooth
instasmile costs from just $375 for a full top or bottom set of veneers, meaning you could save up to $10,000. Additionally it doesn't just improve the appearance of a single tooth, but is a multi-solution in one, helping with the appearance of the whole smile.
Can instasmile cover a broken tooth, cracked tooth or chipped tooth?
instasmile will cover chips, cracks and broken teeth in an instant making it an affordable, convenient cosmetic solution to improve the appearance of your smile and hide broken teeth. They simply clip securely into place over your existing teeth.
- instasmile clip-on veneers are cheaper alternative to other cosmetic dental treatments for broken teeth that saves you $1,000’s
- Custom made & hand-finished for beautifully natural aesthetics
- Requires no surgical procedures or anesthetic, no shaving of enamel, and thus no damage to your own teeth.
- No dentist visits or having to squeeze in appointments, you simply take your own impression at home at a time that suits you to enable us to produce a perfectly bespoke, custom set of clip-on veneers.
- instasmile offers an additional solution that veneers can’t offer, by covering multiple missing teeth, broken teeth, and chipped teeth, whilst providing a whiter smile. You can even opt for a straighter looking smile too.
Are you ready for your affordable smile transformation with no surgery and no dentist visits? Click below to Get Started and see if you're suitable!