How Much Does It Cost to Replace A Front Tooth?
Share this article
Losing a tooth is a traumatic experience for anyone, but when it comes to losing a front tooth, the implications can be far more serious. Not only does it affect your appearance, but it can also impact your ability to speak and eat properly. So what's the cost of replacing a front tooth? And how do you go about getting the best possible price? Keep reading to find out.
Americans Have a Lot of Missing Teeth
Many Americans lose their teeth. Tooth loss happens from decay and gum disease, and as a result of injury, cancer, or simply wear and tear.
According to the American College of Prosthodontists:
- More than 36 million Americans do not have any teeth
- 120 million people in the U.S. are missing at least one tooth. And these numbers are expected to grow in the coming decades.
In our elderly population:
- 50% are missing teeth
- About 23 million are missing all their teeth
- About 12 million are missing teeth in one arch.
90 percent of those who are lacking teeth have dentures.
Possible Solutions For Missing Front Teeth
When you lose a front tooth, the gap it leaves can be emotionally traumatic and physically difficult to handle. Fortunately, there are several different solutions available for replacing a missing front tooth. Some of the most common include bridges, partial dentures, implants and crowns.
90 percent of those who are lacking teeth have dentures.
Dentures are an easy, pain-free way to replace any number of missing teeth. They also don't require surgery like dental implants or crowns. All you need is a mouth impression and some measurements.
The denture bridge will then be custom made to those specifications. In just a few weeks, you'll have your brand new dentures.
Benefits of Dentures
Dentures offer several advantages:
- They are cost-effective.
- They look natural, so you won't have to worry about anyone noticing them.
- They are easy to maintain and clean.
- And they can be easily replaced if they become damaged or broken.
Drawbacks of Dentures
Although dentures are a popular solution, they do have their drawbacks.
- They can be uncomfortable to wear and may require frequent adjustments as your mouth changes shape over time.
- They can fall out
- If you lose more teeth in the future, then your denture bridge may need to be completely replaced.
Dentures can cost anywhere from $1,300 to $3,200 without insurance. If any teeth need to be extracted beforehand, that will increase the price.
Dental implants are weapons in the fight against tooth loss. Used to replace one or more missing teeth, they’re inserted directly into the jawbone and can support a crown, denture, or bridge. If you’re facing dental problems that will result in the loss of multiple teeth, implants should be at the top of your list of replacement options—they look great and function just like your natural ones did.
Benefits of Implants
Dental implants have many benefits:
- Implants are permanent and don't require any adjustments.
- They are more natural-looking than dentures or bridges, so no one will be able to tell the difference between them and your original teeth.
- Implants also help preserve bone structure in your jaw, which helps prevent further tooth loss.
Drawbacks of Implants
Dental implants are a great solution, but they do. have some drawbacks:
- They are costly and require surgery.
- It may take several months or even years to complete the entire process.
The price range for implants is wide, depending on the complexity of your situation: anywhere from $1,500 to $6,000 per tooth without insurance
A dental bridge is a great way to replace one or more missing teeth. It consists of two crowns that anchor to adjacent teeth and are connected by an artificial tooth. This artificial tooth can be made from porcelain, gold, alloys, or a combination of these materials.
Benefits of Bridges
Bridges offer several benefits:
- They are cost-effective, with prices ranging from $500 to $1,200 per tooth without insurance.
- Bridges look very natural and can last for up to 15 years with proper care.
- Bridges also help maintain the shape of your face and keep other teeth in place by providing support and stability.
Drawbacks of Bridges
Bridges do have some disadvantages:
- They require the grinding down of adjacent teeth in order to secure them in place.
- It can be difficult to floss and brush between the bridge and your natural teeth, making it harder to keep your teeth clean and healthy.
- Bridges may need to be replaced every 5 to 15 years, depending on how well you care for them.
Dental crowns are a great way to restore the strength and shape of teeth that have been damaged or weakened by decay. Crowns can also be used to improve the appearance and color of your teeth.
Benefits of Crowns
Crowns offer several advantages:
- They look natural and blend in with the rest of your teeth.
- They are strong and durable, and can last up to 15 years with proper care.
- Crowns help prevent further damage from occurring to the teeth they cover.
Drawbacks of Crowns
Crowns do have some drawbacks:
- The procedure is quite invasive and requires significant preparation of the existing tooth.
- They can be expensive, with costs ranging from $500 to $3,000 per tooth without insurance.
- Crowns may need to be replaced every 5 to 8 years depending on how well you care for them.
- Crowns may also cause sensitivity or discomfort in the surrounding teeth.
Over time, the gums and jawbone can recede and change the fit of the crowns, requiring them to be replaced.
The Non Invasive Option for Missing Front Teeth
At this point we've only considered solutions that cost a lot of money and involve invasive dentist visits. You might not have thousands of dollars to spend, or simply don't want a dentist inside your mouth. What other options exist?
Clip On Veneers
Clip on veneers are the best option when the goal is to replace a front tooth, save money, get instant results, and skip the dentist.
Clip on veneers are a type of temporary false teeth that clip onto your existing teeth and cover up any gaps, chips, imperfections or missing teeth.
The entire process is completed from home without ever visiting a dentist. Instasmile uses an innovative ‘no stress impress’ dental impression kit that is easy to use and delivers excellent results.
Benefits of Clip On Veneers
Clip on veneers offer many advantages:
- They are easy to apply—simply clip them onto your existing teeth without the help of a dentist.
- They are cost effective and are priced per arch not per tooth
- Results can be seen instantly, with no waiting periods or lengthy procedures.
- They look natural and can be adjusted to fit the shape of your mouth perfectly.
When it comes to replacing missing front teeth, there are many different options available. Implants and bridges offer a permanent solution but require surgery and significant expense. Crowns are another option, although they may need to be replaced every 5 to 8 years.For those who don't want the hassle of invasive procedures or high costs, clip-on veneers offer a quick, easy, and affordable solution for replacing missing front teeth. With clip-on veneers you can get a beautiful smile in just minutes. So if you're looking to replace your missing front teeth without the hassle of surgery or expensive treatments, start our smile assessment and discover the possibilities.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.